- This event has passed.
Public Hearing on Suncor’s Draft Fenceline Monitoring Plan
March 9 @ 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Please join us to learn more about Suncor’s draft fenceline monitoring plan and
share your comments and questions
Register here to join this Public Hearing
Wednesday, March 9, 6:00-8:00pm – register
Saturday, March 12, 11:00am-1:00pm – register
Spanish interpretation and participation incentives available
Air toxics emissions can cause serious health effects. Recognizing Colorado communities’ right to know about exposures to air toxics in real time, HB 21-1189 (“Air Toxics Act”) requires real-time fenceline monitoring at four facilities and the sharing of this air quality data with communities.
The four facilities covered under the Air Toxics Act are:
- Suncor Refinery, Commerce City
- Phillips 66 Fuel Terminal, Commerce City
- Sinclair Trucking Fuel Terminal, Henderson
- Goodrich Carbon Aircraft Manufacturing, Pueblo
Suncor is the first of the four covered facilities to submit a draft fenceline monitoring plan, and must commence fenceline monitoring by 1/1/2023. Suncor’s draft fenceline monitoring plan is available in English and Spanish.
The Public Comment period for Suncor’s draft fenceline monitoring plan is open until April 5, 2022. Please send comments or questions to: email@example.com. Please include your name and organization, if applicable.
Updates from CDPHE and Suncor (30 minutes)
- Welcome and introductions – Michael Ogletree, Director, Air Pollution Control Division (APCD), CDPHE and Gordon Pierce, Program Manager, Technical Services Program, CDPHE
- Overview of HB 21-1189 – Gordon Pierce, Program Manager, Technical Services Program, CDPHE
- Timeline for draft fenceline monitoring plan submission and community engagement
- Overview of fenceline monitoring requirements (CDPHE)
- Overview of Suncor’s draft fenceline monitoring plan (Suncor)
Comments and questions from community members (60 minutes)
Response to Questions & Reminders on Next Steps (CDPHE) (30 minutes)
Participation Incentives: If your participation in this event falls outside of your paid work responsibilities, you are eligible to be compensated for your time with a $45 VISA gift card. You may sign up to receive the gift card at the end of the meeting.
Contact Nathalie Eddy, CDPHE Environmental Justice Air Quality Liaison, firstname.lastname@example.org