- This event has passed.
GEMM Phase 2 Rule Public Engagement Kick-off Meeting
April 19 @ 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Energy Management for Manufacturing
(GEMM Phase 2 Rule)
Public Engagement Kick-off Meeting
April 18 and 19, 2022
In July 2021, the Colorado law was changed to include requirements that the State’s Industrial sector must reduce its greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions 20% by the year 2030, compared to what it released in 2015. The Air Pollution Control Division (Division) intends to submit a proposal for rulemaking to the Air Quality Control Commission in 2023. To help Division staff develop an effective rule, we are conducting a robust stakeholder process to gather feedback to inform the rule proposal. We invite you to join us for the virtual Public Engagement Kick-off Meeting, which is being offered at two different times to make it easy for more people to participate.
- Overview of GEMM Phase 2 concepts
- Public Comment – Opportunity to share comments, ideas, concerns, and additional questions with staff from the Air Pollution Control Division regarding the GEMM Phase 2 concepts. Comments will be limited to 2 minutes.
- Wrap up and next steps
TO LEARN MORE AND STAY INFORMED
- Read the GEMM Phase 2 Fact Sheet
- Visit the GEMM Phase 2 Webpage
- Share your input by filling out this comment form (Note all comments are publicly available but contact information will not be shared.)
- Stay up-to-date on this rulemaking and other ways the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment’s efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and other air quality issues by signing up for email updates.