- This event has passed.
APCD Public Listening Session on GEMM Phase 2 Rule for Industrial GHG Emissions
February 28 @ 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Spanish interpretation will be provided.
- Overview of the draft proposed GEMM Phase 2 rule for industrial greenhouse gas emissions
- Public Comment – Opportunity to share comments, ideas, and concerns with staff from the Air Pollution Control Division. Commenters will have 3 minutes each.
- Questions and answers
- Wrap up and how to stay engaged
In July 2021, the Colorado law was changed to include requirements that the State’s Industrial sector must reduce its greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions 20% by the year 2030, compared to what it released in 2015. The Air Pollution Control Division (Division) intends to submit a proposal for rulemaking to the Air Quality Control Commission in May 2023, with the rulemaking hearing expected in September 2023. To help Division staff develop an effective rule, we are continuing to have a robust stakeholder process to gather feedback to inform the rule proposal.
TO LEARN MORE
- Read the GEMM Phase 2 Fact Sheet
- Visit the GEMM Phase 2 Webpage
- Share your input by filling out this comment form (Note all comments are publicly available but contact information will not be shared.)
- Stay up-to-date on this rulemaking and other ways the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment’s efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and other air quality issues by signing up for email updates.