- This event has passed.
APCD Public Listening Session on Clean Cars Regulation
March 16 @ 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
The Air Pollution Control Division is committed to reducing greenhouse gas emissions and other air pollution. In support of this effort, the Division will propose a new rule requiring vehicle makers to make and sell more electric vehicles starting with model year 2027. The proposed rule will be presented to the Air Quality Control Commission later in 2023.
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT SESSIONS
Share your input on this proposed rule! Please join us to learn more and share feedback.
Public listening sessions, offered via Zoom:
Registration is required and language interpretation will be available upon request.
For more information about the Colorado Clean Cars proposed rule, please visit our website.
COLORADO CLEAN CARS PROJECT GOALS
- Address climate change by providing more zero emission vehicle options.
- Improve air quality and health conditions for neighborhoods near highways by decreasing the harmful emissions that contribute to ground-level ozone pollution.
- Save vehicle owners money over time through lower fuel and maintenance costs.
DETAILS ABOUT THIS PROPOSED RULE
- Auto manufacturers would be required to sell approximately 80% electric vehicles by 2032.
- New conventional cars and passenger trucks would be required to produce less air pollution.
- The rule would apply to new, on-road car, pickup truck, and SUV sales.
- The rule would not apply to used car sales or off-road vehicles or equipment.
- The rule would not ban gas-powered vehicles.
Submit your written comments here.